Oxidat's Main Ingredient: Chlorine Dioxide / ClO2
IT IS NOT CHLORINE!
Chlorine Dioxide (Cl02) is a fast and effective biocide, which functions as an oxidizer with less environmental impact compared to other biocide, such as Chlorine, Hydrogen Peroxide, Hypochlorous Acid, Ozone, etc. CLO2 chemically breaks down the walls of microbes, which makes them stop functioning. This process is called OXIDATION, making CLO2 the ideal choice for disinfection.
- CLO2 has a selective and less reactive nature, targets pathogens and not other organic matter, making CLO2 last longer to stop the regrowth of microbes and microbes cannot be resistant towards CLO2.
- CLO2 is effective at low concentration.
- CLO2 does not produce harmful by-products. It ends up releasing oxygen and forming NaCl (salt) in water, which are harmless.
- CLO2 is very effective where it can disinfect within seconds to minutes.
- CLO2 is effective over a wide range of pH levels. (pH4 – pH10)
- CLO2 has no corrosion concerns at proper use levels. It can be used on food, water and in food preparation areas.
How effective is CLO2? Is it safe?
Here are some examples on how ClO2 was used during historical epidemic outbreaks.
History of CLO2
Global Approvals of CLO2 Usage for Various Industries